""The medicated steam bath." "
Bashpaswedam (steam bath). Making the body to sweat with medicated steam
This opens the pores of the skin and sweats out impurities. This fresh up the body and helps reducing the body weight.
- Those who have over weight
- Those who are suffering from arthritis, paralysis, sciatica, parkinsonism, cervical spondylitis, muscular hypertrophy.
- Those who are suffering from motor neuron disease.
You can have a medicated warm water shower
In Ayurveda “Bashpa” literally means “Steam”.
In this treatment steam is applied evenly to the entire body except the head as it cannot tolerate high temperature. The special made steam chamber is constructed of wood with a thermostat that allows temperature to be easily controlled. The person entire body is covered in the chamber except the head. Herbal steam is released into the chamber according to the need of the patient.
After the treatment the patient feels light and more enthusiastic as the heat liquefies the toxins and the heaviness of the body decreases. The Treatment helps to mobilize and facilitate the toxins elimination from the body tissues.
In Ayurveda the Bashpa sweda is indicated in following disease
1. Swasa (dyspnoea)
2. Kasa (cough)
3. Pratisaya (rhinitis)
4. Hikka (hiccups)
5. Vibanda (constipation)
6. Swarabheda (hoarseness of sound)
7. Anila vyadi (diseases of Vatha)
8. Sleshma (diseases of Kapha)
9. Sthamba (stiffness)
10.Gourava (feeling of heaviness)
11. Angamarda (body ache)
12. Arbuda and Granthi (malignant and beginning tumours) etc
- Menstruation time
- Skin diseases
- Very weak
- In the state of anger, sadness, fear
- In the condition of thirst
- Pitta predominance